Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentines Cake Pops



As you have read in my other blog, This year's Valentines is a little demanding then the other years and that's because my baby girl is turning 13.  Last night we made cupcake cake pops for my dad, she adores her grandfather.  All of my kids love my dad but the relationship that Ana has with my dad is just like no other.  Well my husband is taking a ride to New Jersey, which is 5 hours long and she wanted to send some treats to her grandpa.  We made cake pops for the first time and tried to shape them as cupcakes, like I said we tried.  I actually ordered a set of cake pop molds, so next time they would look prettier.
I hope you guys like the recipe, cause we sure did.

Valentine's Cupcake Cake Pops
Recipe:
1 box of red velvet cake mix + ingredients to make the cake as according to package
1 can of cream cheese frosting
1 bag of chocolate candy melts (or milk-chocolate chips)
1 bag of pink and red candy melts
sprinkles

Directions:
1.  Mix the cake batter and follow the directions on the cake box.
2.  Cool cake for 15 min.
3.  In a large bowl crumble the cake with your hands or you can use a food processor.
4.  Add the 3/4 of the cream cheese frosting.  Do not add the whole container because it will be to wet and and it will be hard to hold shape.
5.  Mix together.  I used my hands.

6.  Using your hands shape them as a compact balls and place them on baking sheet lined with was paper.  I measured my 2 Tbsp so they can all have the same size.
7.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.
8.  I separate bowls melt candy melts in microwave at 30 sec. intervals, stirring each time.
9.  After an hour take cake balls and shape them as a cupcake, I used a 1.25 round cookie cutter to shape mine.
10.  take cupcake and dip into chocolate base, cover the bottom part completely and insert Popsicle sticks.  Place the dipped cupcake upside down in baking sheet.

11.  Refrigerate for 10 min.
12.  Holding the cupcake pops by the stick, dip the top with pink or red candy melts and decorated with sprinkles.






Enjoy!!!!

This is how we packed them for my dad


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...