Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sushi: California Roll

SUSHI


So, when I asked my daughter what she wanted as food for her birthday party, (which we celebrated a week earlier so she could spend it with her friends since she is going to winter camp on that weekend) she said we wanted a sushi, fried wantons and fried rice.  Well I was kinda shock because I thought she was going to say hot dogs, pizza, or nuggets and fries but, instead I got and grown-ups menu.  I guess she is really growing up and it kinda makes me sad to see my baby getting all big.
I hope you guys enjoy it, as much as all the kids at the party did, they loved it!!

Sushi: California Roll

Recipe:
2 cups of sushi rice
3 sheets of nori (dried seaweed)
1 avocado
imitation crab meat
cucumber cut julienne
carrots cut julienne

Direction:
1.  Peel avocado and cut into strips.
2.  put a sheet of nori on the mat with the shiny side of the nori down.

3.  spread sushi rice on top of the nori and press firmly.

4.  place avocado, crab meat, carrots and cucumber lengthwise on the rice.

5.  Roll the bamboo mat forward, pressing the ingredients inside the cylinder-shape sushi.

6.  Press firmly the bamboo mat with hands then remove the rolled sushi.

7.  Cut the sushi roll into bite-size pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...