Shrimp Fried Rice
1 large bowl cooked Jasmine rice (cook 4 cups of rice)
1 lbs shrimp 6 eggs
2 small pieces of fresh ginger
4 green onion (chopped)
1 1/2 cup of mixed peas and carrots
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 tablespoon sesame oil (2 for the shrimp and 1 for the rice)
salt and pepper
1. Beat eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper, cooked the eggs as you where cooking an omelet but do not fold, chopped in to small pieces and set aside.
2. Peel and devained shrimp and season with salt, pepper and the 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
3. Heat wok. When wok is super hot, add 2 Tbsp of sesame oil. When oil is hot, add the ginger fiirst and right after the shrimp and stir until shrimp is cooked. set aside
4. Re heat wok. Make sure its really hot and then add the rest of the sesame oil and stir in the rice.
5. While stirring the rice add the 1/4 cup of soy sauce constantly stirring until all the rice is covered with soy sauce and its grains are separated.
6. Add salt and pepper at your discretion and stir.
7. Add mixed vegetables and green onions and stir for about a minute.
8. Add the eggs and stir for another minute.
9. Finally add the shrimp and stir.
* You can adjust the recipe by cutting it in 1/2, this recipe is for about 8-10 servings