My daughter NellyBe is turning 14 this coming Saturday and we have been planning this party for the last month, she decided to have a Pink and Black Party. Yesterday she tells me that she wants pink cupcakes for her party, I thought maybe a dark chocolate cake with pink butter cream frosting, but no she wants it. Well last night I got to work and my first batch came out to doughy which I did not like but the second batch with a bit of changes came out awesome, I will definitely put up some pics after Saturday of her party , but for now I hope you guys enjoy this recipe.
2 1/2 stick of unsalted butter at room temp.
3 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cup pureed frozen strawberries
4 1/2 cup of cake flour ( 4 cups of all purpose flour + 5/8 cups of starch)
5 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
8 egg whites
2/3 cup of milk
2 to 3 drops of red food dye
1. Preheat oven at 350° F
2. Set up cupcake trays with liners
3. Using a stand mixer cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy
4. Mix in the strawberry pureed
5. In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
6. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated
7. In a small bowl whisk together the egg whites, milk and coloring
8. Add the half of the milk mixture to the rest of the batter and mix until incorporated about 1 min.
9. Add remaining half and mix together
10. Place batter in the cupcake liners filling 1/2 way
11. Bake for 20-25 min
12. Allow cupcakes to cool for 10-15 min
13. Frost cupcake with the forsting of your liking ( I frost them with a Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting)
* You can also use (3) 9 inch round cake pan or (3) 8 inch square cake pan
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I have to say that I absolutely enjoy the mornings in my house, the ratchet of my kids getting ready in the morning, the noise of my 5 year old Christopher laughing and running after my two chihuahuas, my 8 year old Mei-Li following my 13 year old NellyBe around, Nellybe complaining about Mei-Li and my 12 year old Ana running up and down the stairs trying to get ready, the house just feels completely empty as soon as they are goan to school. Most of the time I eat breakfast by myself, but today my hubby decided to accompany me during breakfast, he is out of the house everyday around 5 am so we don't get to eat breakfast together very often. Wilson is a Sergeant in the US Army so when he is able to eat breakfast with me or the kids is very special, I decided to make one of his favorite SCONES. The first time i made the scones was a year ago for a PTA breakfast at my children's school, the teachers loved them. My husband was my helper he tasted all the different scones i made, i think he gained about 3 lbs after eating almost half of the batch of scones I made. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my husband Wilson those.
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp of sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cut in cubes
3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chip
2 tbsp milk
1. In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar
2. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until butter is reduced to size of rice grains
3. Stir in chocolate chips
4. In another small bowl mix eggs and milk
5. Add liquids to the dry ingridients with a fork, dont over mix
8. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. (Can be prepared one day ahead, so you could cover and refrigerate at this point if needed).