My daughter Ana school is raising money for school trip and like always she volunteer me to bake cupcakes for the sale. This recipe is one of my favorites for birthdays. I hope you guys enjoy it.
3-1/4 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1-3/4 cups of sugar
1/4 cup butter
1-1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 egg whites
1-2/3 cups of milk
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (3) oz. jar of sprinkles
1. In a bowl with a wire whisk mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
2. In another bowl mix together milk, yogurt and vanilla extract, set aside.
3. With a paddle attachment cream sugar, butter and oil.
4. Add egg whites.
5. Incorporate flour mixture alternating with milk mixture.
6. With a spatula fold in the sprinkles.
7. Pour batter in prepared cupcake pans.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
I had some time in my hands so I decorated them in different ways: