My daughter NellyBe is turning 14 this coming Saturday and we have been planning this party for the last month, she decided to have a Pink and Black Party. Yesterday she tells me that she wants pink cupcakes for her party, I thought maybe a dark chocolate cake with pink butter cream frosting, but no she wants it. Well last night I got to work and my first batch came out to doughy which I did not like but the second batch with a bit of changes came out awesome, I will definitely put up some pics after Saturday of her party , but for now I hope you guys enjoy this recipe.
2 1/2 stick of unsalted butter at room temp.
3 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cup pureed frozen strawberries
4 1/2 cup of cake flour ( 4 cups of all purpose flour + 5/8 cups of starch)
5 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
8 egg whites
2/3 cup of milk
2 to 3 drops of red food dye
1. Preheat oven at 350° F
2. Set up cupcake trays with liners
3. Using a stand mixer cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy
4. Mix in the strawberry pureed
5. In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
6. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated
7. In a small bowl whisk together the egg whites, milk and coloring
8. Add the half of the milk mixture to the rest of the batter and mix until incorporated about 1 min.
9. Add remaining half and mix together
10. Place batter in the cupcake liners filling 1/2 way
11. Bake for 20-25 min
12. Allow cupcakes to cool for 10-15 min
13. Frost cupcake with the forsting of your liking ( I frost them with a Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting)
* You can also use (3) 9 inch round cake pan or (3) 8 inch square cake pan