Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dulce de Leche Cake

Hello! This is my first time writting or having a blog, I just hope I do a good job, and I hope you all enjoy my recipes and creations.


Dulce de Leche has always been part of my life, I remember when i was a little girl my mother making alfajores and pionono (similar to a jelly roll, but instead of the jelly filled with dulce de leche).  I just loved it! I remember my mother boiling the cans of condense milk to cook them in to dulce de leche..I used to think it was a long process.
One of my favorite cakes my mother used to make was a Dulce de Leche Cake, it was a vanilla cake filled with dulce de leche and dulce de leche icing.  I hope you enjoy the recipe.

Vanilla Bean Cake:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
8 egg yolks
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk


To Make Cake:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F . 
2. Butter and flour two 8-inch round pans.  
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. 
4. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  5. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and vanilla bean seeds. 
6. Beat in the flour mixture alternating with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.  Do not over mix. 
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.  Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or         toothpick comes out clean. 
8. Cool 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack. 

For the Dulce de Leche Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
4-6 cups powdered sugar 
1/2 of a 14. oz can of Dulce de Leche
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


To Make the Dulce de Leche Frosting:

1. Cream together butter and powdered sugar (starting with a few cups and working up).  
2. Add the Dulce de Leche, milk and vanilla.  
3. Cream everything together. 

** If mixture is too thin, add more powdered sugar.  If mixture is too thick, add more milk or Dulce de Leche.

For the Filling:
1 can (about 14 oz.) Dulce de Leche







Assembly:
1. Spread one full can of Dulce de Leche    evenly over one cake layer.  
2. Top with the other cake layer, and use the Dulce de Leche frosting to frost the sides and top of cake.  

**With extra frosting, pipe a design on your cake border. 











Now please have in mind that I am not a professional, but the cake sure taste delicious.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Writing a blog is something I sort of just picked up this year too! I have a lot of fun with it and although I do not have the quality of photos as a lot of the blogs I read do, and my recipes are more day to day than fancy, it really makes cooking fun and challenges me to explore new recipes! I am now a follower and am excited to see what you whip up over here, looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you AbbyLynn so much I am so new at these and I hope that you will love all my recepies I have lots of delicious things coming up, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...